In order to provide support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ), Rainbows Public Relations recruits passionate volunteers to staff selected events. Volunteers are vital to Rainbows work, and are instrumental in providing a colourful connection for LGBTQ to reach out. Our team welcomes individuals of all backgrounds into our volunteer family and our team works to uplift, recognize, and support our growing volunteer network.
The success of our worldwide events would not be possible without the dedication of our incredible volunteers.
We offer a wide variety of opportunities for volunteers to get involved in our work (and our clients work). Below are opportunities for ongoing engagement with Rainbows Public Relations. Please note that volunteers must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Training. Volunteers will receive extensive training. They also learn invaluable skills for their professional and personal lives, from active listening to crisis de-escalation.
- Online Networks. Volunteers will gain access to a nationwide online training group connecting them to other awesome volunteers across the world.
- Travel/Entertainment Incentives; . Volunteers will also receive a monthly newsletter detailing highlights and updates from across our Rainbow family.
- Events. Volunteers for some programs may receive access to a variety of events and resources.
- Payment. Volunteers will receive all out of pocket expenses and the chance to be hired privately for our selected client events.
First and foremost, we want to hear from you as a person and not an application. Drop us a line and let us know what you have been doing recently and what excites you about LGBTQ+. We can’t colour with everyone (as much as we would like to) but we will suggest other charities who may need more help than we might.
Our volunteer manager looks forward to hearing from you on:
volunteer (@) rainbowspr.com